Saturday 3 July 2010

Slow Internet!

The Internet here in Nepal is sooo slow! It's driving me completely insane! So anyway I thought I would have a quick rant on my blog about it...the pictures might take us several days to get anything near the amount we have taken and each day we are taking more. Please don't think it's my laziness.

Meeting Ellie and Chris at the airport and seeing their faces made my day on Wednesday! They were totally shocked! As a wise man said "it was executed with perfection". We are staying in the Siesta Guesthouse in Thamel, I love it, we are treated as family and everyone is so friendly here. Already I know I will be visiting Nepal again!

We have done the usual site seeing around Thamel and Kathmandu, the temples here are beautiful. The people are beautiful and the place....other than a bit polluted is beautiful.

On Tuesday we set out on a 5 day trek around the Kathmandu Valley where we visit local schools and local people, on the 2nd day we embark on a hardcore hike up a large hill and camp in the jungle in tents with Binay, cooks, Sherpa's and guide. I can't wait!

So far I have uploaded 15 photo's in 40 minutes! Just another 300 to go then :)

Nepal is more expensive than expected but that has been the same with everywhere and I can honestly say it has been 100% worth it's money!

Anyway I'm going to get back to the uploaded in the hope that only having one page loaded at a time may shorten the upload time...

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment